MEM Society is here for YOU! We are dedicated to tailoring the MEM Society experience to you and acting as the support system to the development of our community.
We offer our community access to plentiful resources in order to ensure you are successful in your academics, in developing your professional network, and in making meaningful friendships with other MEM students.
- Strengthen communication and bonds amongst MEM community (including students, staff, and alumni)
- Network with new industries and give students exposure to different functional areas through company visits/factory tours
- Allow students to make valuable connections with business leadership, faculty, and alumni, overall opening up internship/co-op/volunteering opportunities and expanding their professional network
- During company visits, take part in valuable discussions and ask questions/interact directly with business leadership and alumni; learn more about a company's culture/mission, a specific role/functional area, general work advice for post grad, and the importance of leveraging our technical and leadership skillsets in the work place today
- Offer assistance with course work, schedule planning, and overall personal growth; also, give access to extended resources: textbook swap, MEM lab access, resume workshops
- Innovate overall functionality of our program in order to meet new needs of our changing world
Starting this upcoming Monday, September 14th, we will meet every other week via Zoom. After you sign up for our email list, you will be sent the link to our Zoom meeting room.
Below is the link to sign up for our email list:
Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/uconnmemsociety/
Email List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rR4GKNLmfQWkkkePpCpSfwXqtzWsi2yTD8sVtDV5wfc/edit?usp=sharing
On this page, you can sign in and "Join" if you're ready.
We will be live Wednesday 9/9 and Thursday 9/10 5 - 8 PM.